Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stock Market Crash > Net Worth

Buffet and Gates have lost half their net worth. Those of us who have put our money in the stock market are in that same boat. We've ALL lost half of our net worth - and it may not have hit bottom yet. But hey, it doesn't really matter. Seriously.

I don't know about you, but the bulk of our wealth was all "on paper" and what we will lose is all "on paper." Our actual standard of living isn't going to change all that much. Even if it did, I've come to realize that there are a lot of things more important than living the lifestyle of the Rich and Famous. Like what? Like being happy where ever you are, doing whatever you are doing. Like making those around you happy. Like enjoying good health. Like paying attention to life and participating in it instead of observing it. I can live with that.
.

2 comments:

Randi said...

I agree with you about right now.

But I am a little worried about my old age. At this rate, there will be no retiring.... ever!

Jeri10 said...

Retirement is often over rated. Most men I know who "retired" went back to work within five years...because they WANTED to. If you make your living at something you love and are committed to, you'll never "work" a day in your life.

It is only "work" if there is something else you'd rather be doing.

(me, I plan to live with my kids and let THEM support me!)