Thursday, March 12, 2009

American Idol

The official start of the show was this week - with the top 13 performing. A lot of people don't even watch the show until it gets to the 12 (this year 13) who made the cut. I'm not one of those. I watch from day one. I like to learn about the contestants and do my own pick of who I think should be on the show. I watched ALL the auditions and I picked my winner the minute I saw his audition. The rest of you saw him perform Tuesday night and even without all the hype, I'm sure you recognized him as not just a forerunner, but the clear winner. They might as well end the show now. Congratulations Adam Lambert!

I know, the rumors are flying about him being gay. Is he? Isn't he? So what? He’s a rock star – and he’s going to be the biggest star American Idol has ever launched. Trust me.

The only question is: Who else will be in the top four (the most likely to record hits, star on Broadway, ...or headline cruise ship entertainment – just kidding – or not). My picks are:
Lil Rounds, Danny Gokey, and Allison Iraheta (not necessarily in that order)
.

No comments: