Monday, May 4, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Women Gone Wild
Daryl, me, Sue

Cinco de Mayo makes me think of all things Mexican - and in particular, the mother/daughter cruises to Mexico we used to take when the girls were teenagers (we started out with the three day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada, then extended to the five day cruise to Ensenada, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas). My two crazy pals and I would be in one cabin, and their daughters and my two girls were in the cabin next to us (so we could keep track of their comings and goings without being in their face). Since we all live in San Diego, it was an inexpensive vacation for us and it was great bonding time for all. We did it every other year until one of the girls got married. Our girls always hit it big with the cruise staff - especially the waiters. After a few years, when we'd walk in for dinner the first night, the waiters would applaud and come hug the girls. They knew the party was starting.

No comments: