Saturday, April 18, 2009

They grow up too fast!

I LOVE this commercial. It seriously makes me want to cry. It just reminds me how fast time flies. If you have small children, it may seem that time is standing still. But you won't believe how fast that three year old will be turning thirty! So enjoy the ride. Don't keep wishing they'd grow up. It will happen faster than you think. (my babies are 32 and 30 so I know what of I speak)

I was having lunch with Jennifer one day (when she was about 22) and she asked me what my favorite age was when raising them. I told her EVERY year was my favorite. I used to look at them (starting when they were about three and one years old ) and say, "I wish I could keep them at this age." Then the next year I'd say it again. She asked, "When did it stop?" I said, "It hasn't stopped yet. I still say it every year." Her eyes welled up and she said, "That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard."

Time flies when you're having fun - and I've never had more fun than raising my daughters.

No comments: