Saturday, April 25, 2009

Teen Heart Throbs

Zac Efron
Say what you want about today's teens. But I see a lot of hope coming from this next generation. Instead of Britney Spears, they flock to Miley Cyrus (I saw Hannah Montana the movie and it was darling). High School Musical 1, 2, and 3 are huge hits - and Amy and I went to see 17 Again today and it was surprisingly good. Zac Efron is number one with teenage girls. (Isn't he adorable? I just want to pinch his cheeks). In my day, the best we could do was Frankie Avalon and James Darren in the Beach Blanket Bingo movies. My favorite teen movies were Gidget, Gidget Goes Hawaiian, and Gidget Goes to Rome (and they were pretty scandalous for that era).

Aah, to be a teen again. Oh wait. I forgot about all the horrible "stuff" that goes with being a teen: Acne, horrible hair, gangly bodies, panic attacks, and the poor self-esteem issues. Yuck. I'd rather be thirty than thirteen. (I was going to say that I'd rather be sixty than sixteen, but I realized that by sixty you start having the "stuff" again: horrible skin, saggy bodies, panic attacks, and self-esteem issues)
P.S. I saw Frankie Avalon on American Idol last week, and, uhmm...
he's looking better to me now than he did when I was a teenager ..

No comments: