Sunday, November 29, 2009

An Open Letter to Congress




GLENN BECK  got a letter from a woman in Arizona . She wrote an open letter to our nation's leadership.  Here are some of her complaints (to read the entire letter go to http://letterreadonglennbeckshow.blogspot.com)


The STIMULUS bill. I want it repealed and I want no further funding supplied to it. We told you No, but you did it anyway. I want the remaining unfunded 95% repealed. Freeze, repeal.

Czars. I want the circumvention of our constitutional checks and balances stopped immediately. Fire the czars. No more czars. Government officials answer to the process, not to the president. Stop trampling on our Constitution, and honor it.

Universal healthcare. I will not be rushed into another expensive decision that will burden me, my children, and grandchildren. Don't you dare try to pass this in the middle of the night without even reading it. Slow down!  Fix only what is broken -- we have the best health care system in the world -- and test any new program in one or two states first.

Growing government control. I want states rights and sovereignty  fully restored. I want less government in my life, not more.

I do not want ACORN and its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. I want them investigated. I also do not want mandatory escrow fees contributed to them every time on every real estate deal that closes -- how did they pull that one off?  Stop the funding to ACORN and its affiliates pending impartial audits and investigations.

Redistribution of wealthNo, no, no. I work for my money. It is mine. I have always worked for people with more money than I have because they gave me jobs -- and that is the only redistribution of wealth that I will support. And, what do you have against shareholders making a profit?

Corporate bailouts. Knock it off. Every company must sink or swim like the rest of us. If there are hard times ahead, we'll be better off just getting into it and letting the strong survive. Great things happen in America under great hardship. Give us the chance to innovate. We cannot disappoint you more than you have disappointed us.

Unprecedented quick spending. Stop it now.
Take a breath. Listen to the people. Slow down and get some input from nonpoliticians and experts on the subject. Stop making everything an emergency. Stop speed-reading our bills into law.

I entrusted you with upholding the Constitution. I believed in the checks and balances to keep from getting far off course. What happened?

We want all of you to stop focusing on your reelection and do the job we want done, not the job you want done or the job your party wants done. You work for us and at this rate I guarantee you not for long. 


Note:  If you agree, make a copy of this letter and send it to your congressmen. (And when the next election rolls around, DON'T VOTE FOR THE INCUMBENTS! - unless you know they are working for US)


No comments: