Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!




 Here's an email I got from my daughter telling a story about what Lincoln, her son (my grandson) has been saying recently ( he's 3 years and 3 months old):

A car pulled out in front of Kyle and Lincoln asked, “Daddy, is that man a douche?”  Kyle said “no” and Lincoln asked, “does he know how to drive?”  Later, Kyle passed a Porsche that had an ugly paint job and was mocking the owner of the vehicle when Lincoln asked, “Is that man a douche?” 

A few days later, we were in Utah and Kyle was complaining that he hates Utah drivers. Lincoln asked again, “dad, are they a douche? Do they not know how to drive?”

Because Kyle is the one to blame for our 3-year-old calling drivers douches/ douche bags, I got back at him.   Kyle went over a curb and the car bounced violently from the impact. He apologized for throwing us all around and I asked Lincoln, “does daddy know how to drive?” to which he replied, “No, he’s a douche bag!”  I laughed for an hour!

No comments: