Monday, June 15, 2009

Press Release for Jennifer:

Big Tractor Music has signed songwriter Jennifer Zuffinetti. (L-R): ASCAP's
Chad Green, Zuffinetti, Big Tractor Music General Manager Jason Krupek and Big
Tractor Music Creative Dir. Cynthia Anderson. Photo: Anna Maki


June 15, 2009 / Nashville , TN – Big Tractor Music , an affiliate of Warner Bros. Records, proudly announces today the signing of songwriter Jennifer Zuffinetti (Locals remember her as Jennifer Johnson). Jennifer was raised in Rancho Santa Fe, went to the Ranch school, and graduated from Torrey Pines High School in 1997. After graduating from BYU as a business major, she returned to the Ranch School for two years as a teacher’s aide,

Jennifer started performing when she was ten years old under the tutelage of Susan Magee in an Andrews Sisters-type teen trio called “THREE-D” where she could be found performing at charity events, county fairs, entertaining troops and even opening for the Drifters and Rita Coolidge. THREE-D performed 40's, 50's & 60's music. When she turned fourteen she developed an interest in country music and the group changed its name to “Most Wanted.” When she turned eighteen, she started performing solo.

"I started writing songs because my parents forced me to play piano and after 8 years I was still playing everything by ear and not reading the music. So when I had to practice, I would ignore all the classical songs that were so easy for me and started tinkering around with my own melodies. By the age of thirteen I was putting lyrics to my music and songwriting became my passion."

"Growing up my dad made a mixed tape of Ricky Skaggs, Hank Williams, Ann Murray, and Merle Haggard which we listened to every time we took a road trip. That tape had been my only exposure to country music until 1991 when I bought my first country CD: Brooks & Dunn's Brand New Man, and I was hooked. From that point on, everything I wrote was country influenced. Today, my songs range from ultra girly, fun and flirty, chick songs to the gut-wrenching heart breakers."

Jennifer moved to Nashville 2 years ago to pursue a songwriting career. She started networking and her songs landed at Big Tractor.

"I love the opportunity to sign new writers at Big Tractor,” says General Manager Jason Krupek. “With Jennifer's work ethic and unbelievable talent, she was an obvious addition to Big Tractor and will prove herself with many great songs to come. We are very excited to have her as part of our wonderful team."

Out of the 49 songwriters who signed publishing deals this year, only four (including Jennifer) were women – so she’s managed to break in to the “good ol’ boy’s club.”

Big Tractor was formed in 1993 and has had numerous number one hits and an Grammy Award winning song. It is currently owned by Warner Bros. Senior Vice President of A& R, Scott Hendricks and he immediately made Jennifer feel like part of the family.

"Chemistry isn't something that can be manufactured," Jennifer remarked. "Whether at a publishing company or with a co-writer. Either there's magic or there's not. I knew immediately that Big Tractor was the place for me. Our personalities couldn't be more complimentary and the environment couldn't be more positive."

You can hear, and download, Jennifer’s songs (for free) at Myspace.com/Zuffinetti

No comments: