Saturday, June 20, 2009

David Archuleta

Jerry (one of the fan club organizers), me, my youngest sis, my middle sis
.
David performed at the Fair tonight - and I went! (I also went to the fan club luncheon at Milton's before the concert - I know, I'm a geek) I've been a fan of David's since I saw him on Star Search when he was twelve years old. (I just want to deedle his cheeks.)
.

I'm not a concert goer (I haven't been to a concert for forty years - last one was Elton John way back when... even before he "came out") but my two sisters are HUGE fans and drove down from Las Vegas just to go to his concert. I must say, Archelta fans are a great group of people. I go to the fair three times every year and this was the friendliest fair I've ever been to. Tons of people were wearing Archuleta tee shirts and everyone was asking if we were going to the concert and saying, "we'll see you there." It was like going to a family reunion.

This is a photo we took at the concert
(we won the drawing at the fan club luncheon for 3rd row seats - see, it pays to be a fan).

No comments: