Saturday, January 10, 2009

Confessions of a Shopoholic


No, I'm not talking about the movie, I'm talking about MY life! I admit it. I LOVE to shop - for anybody, anywhere, anytime.

At 10:00 a.m. I stand at the door to the mall with my credit card in hand and say..."Let the games begin!"

When we decorated our new home, Alan (my husband) gave me an unlimited budget and I exceeded it the first month.

I wore out the magnetic strip on my Visa card in one year.

I lost my Visa card once and Alan refused to report it. He said whoever stole it spends less than I did.

I have a shopping buddy. She can find things for me I didn't even know existed. She thinks I'm thin. I think she's a natural blonde - we're best friends.

Another one of my friends bought me a personalized license plate. It said, 2DMALL

Anybody who says money can't buy happiness, doesn't know where to shop.

There is only one month of the year that I avoid shopping and that is December. I hate shopping in December with all the "amateurs." I'm a professional. I shop because I have to - it's my job!

I have two mottos: "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping." and "If the shoe fits - buy it!"

p.s. Alan says when he dies he wants me to cremate him and scatter his ashes over Nordstrom's so I'll come visit him.
(Unfortunately, this dang recession has slowed me down considerably. When asked, "what's in YOUR wallet," more often than not I have to answer, "NOTHING!"

No comments: