Friday, December 18, 2009

"Our Search for Jesus"




 Are you serious about putting Christ back in Christmas?

The only way we can really know another person is to "walk in his shoes..." Think what He thinks...learn what He knows...say what He would say...and do what He would do. Christ said, "Be ye therefore perfect." We can only accomplish this as we become like Him. Faithfully follow this 7-day walk with Christ. you will come to know and understand him better.

Day 1: Question: How can I follow His steps?
Read: 1 Peter 2:21, Abraham 1:2, Moroni 7:48
Ponder: How can I follow in Christ's steps today? In all my decisions I will ask: What would Christ do?

Day 2: Question: Am I seeking Christ's help?
Read: Proverbs 3:5-6, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Jacob 4:7, and Ether 12:27
Ponder: Am I seeking the Lord's help in all I think and do? How can He help me overcome my weaknesses?

Day 3: Question: Who is the vine" Who are the branches?
Read: John 15
Ponder: From whom do I get my strength? How can I bring forth much fruit for the Lord? Is social pressure getting me down?

Day 4: Question: How do I guard against Pride?
Read: Proverbs 6:16-17, Proverbs 8:13, Alma 5:28, D & C 38:39
Ponder: Am I being truly honest with others? Do I do the right things for the right reasons?

Day 5: Question: Do I love Christ?
Read: John 13:34-35, John 14:15, and Nephi 13:2-32, 24, 33
Ponder: Do I keep all the commandments? Have I put another God before Christ?

Day 6:  Question:  Does Christ love ME?
Read:  John 3:16
Ponder:  Do I believe?

Day 7:  Commit to Daily Scripture Study
(The more you read, the closer you will feel to the Lord.  You will start to feel His presence.  You will see His hand in your life - AND you will find strength, purpose, peace, and joy.)

No comments: